Friday, May 13, 2011

Pisco Sour

The drink of the Peruvians. I am not sure what all is in it but it awesome. I am sure Google will have the recipe. You cannot go to a restaurant and not order this drink. That is all I have to say about that drink. It is really strong so it could get too intense.



On our way to Tecsup we took a different route and went through a neighborhood. It took me a long time to figure it out. This neighborhood had gates and small doors in the gates. Each house had its own tall wall and some even had guards. At the exit of the neighborhood was more guards. I finally figured out it was a nice neighborhood. It is weird to see a gate at the edge of the road with thick door. The walls have to be 15 feet tall, maybe a foot or so thick. The architecture style of Lima is concrete squares. It is like some form of postmodernism. Wealthy places can be noticed on the build quality of the roads and how clean the parks are. Near Miraflores, people are always sweeping and picking up trash. The roads don't have many potholes. Near Tecsup, there are bumpy dirt roads and trash burning in the park. It seems to me that Peruvians don't have a concept of "bad" vs "good" neighborhoods. If they have someplace to walk, they will walk through anything.



Today in class we learned about extensions and creating dial plans to deal with those extensions. I think at this point that IP telephony is completely useless unless you have to call long distance. Basically what you do is have a Asterisk service in two locations. You can call the far away server and use that to make local calls. Thus you save a ton of money. It is really hard to set up and I am lucky there are so many NET people on the trip. A nice part of IP telephony is if you an Asterisk server in Indiana and one in Virginia, one would be able to make local calls.

Yesterday we had dinner at Che Santiago. There I had my first try at the world famous Pisco Sour. We chatted up the night and after two hours it was time to go back to the hotel. Today at a restaurant near a park in a lively part of Lima I tried alpaca for the first time (I don't know the name of the park, but the restaurant was called Shedina). It was really good. It was really tender and really juicy. After dinner we walked through the park. I have never seen so many cats running around. It was ridiculous. There had to be 30 cats running around the park. Near Tecsup it is dogs, around Miraflores it is cats.




Time for bed. Adios.

No comments:

Post a Comment